How Education App Development is Becoming an Effortless Teaching Solution
With the modern-day technology, the process of learning is no more limited to a classroom of a school. The top mobile app development companies are coming forward with innovative teaching solutions and education mobile apps to transform the traditional learning approach. In this article, you learn about the different types of educational apps that exist along with the essential features required by a successful learning mobile app. Keep on reading to know about the challenges that were faced by the education industry before education apps.
Over the years, technology has drastically transformed a majority of industry verticals and the Education and Learning sector is not an exception to this rule. The unparalleled growth of both web and mobile applications has acted as a foundation for this technology evolution. We sure have come a long way from the uninteresting blackboard routine to the exciting education mobile apps.
According to the recent Global mobile education report from Statista, it is estimated that worldwide mobile education spending will cross over $37.8 Billion (USD), a decade ago the m-education spending was just at a mark of $3.4 Billion (USD).
By looking at the above mentioned graph, we can see the rise in mobile education spending over the years. Looking closely, you will notice the high estimation rate between the years 2017 and 2019 by taking a leap of almost $12 Billion (USD).
In today’s article, we will be explaining to our readers how the Education App Development is making the teaching solutions so effortless.
We are well aware of the fact that now education is not restrained by the boundaries of schools and colleges. The latest technology has allowed people to learn at any place and time, as per their requirement. With the help of education mobile apps, the traditional learning barriers are being broken down.
With that being said, let’s have a look at some of the main challenges that were being faced by the education and learning industry when education mobile apps were not in the picture.
Challenges faced by the Education Industry
- Overcrowding in schools and colleges:
Over the last few decades, the overcrowding of students in schools, colleges and universities has emerged as one of the main challenges faced by the education sector. The University of London even stated that “Once the student capacity of a class passes a certain threshold, the teachers are bound to fail in fulfilling the educational demands of all students”. The cause of this problem does not lie in the number but in the inability to receive appropriate attention.
Now that we have educational mobile apps at our service, the classroom for learning has expanded from the four walls.
- Lack of Parental Involvement:
Earlier, the parents used to think that the educational talks are to be done only between the students and their respective teachers, due to this the parental involvement was minimal. Before the inception of e-learning, the students were taught by time-stricken teachers that didn’t have any time for problem-solving exercises.
But with the involvement of the parents, the children can not only learn with a just-in-case scenario but also with a learning on-demand approach. That’s why when a student is given a smartphone to solve a problem exercise, he/she can do it in an easy and fun way.
- No Innovation from Teachers
As said by many experts, including the famous author David Greene, “The academic creativity has been drained from the overworked and degraded teachers that uniformity has sucked the ultimate life out of learning and teaching.”
Because of the lack of innovation from the teachers’ end, the students start to struggle with boredom and eventually lose interest from the topics. But with game-based learning tactics, the interest of the students is maintained throughout the entire process.
Types of Education Applications
Right now, there are various types of educational applications that are available. The user can pick the app which suits their set of requirements like preparation for a particular exam or assistance on practical subjects etc. Below are the main types of mobile apps for education sector:
Apps for Competitive Exams
These applications are those which help you prepare for a specific competitive examination like university entrance exams, state-level exams, or national-level examinations. There are several apps in the market to help you prepare for medical and engineering exams.
Apps to learn Foreign Languages
The foreign language learning apps have become quite popular in the last year or two. With these learning applications, the user can easily learn many languages for free or at a very low cost comparatively. The foreign language learning apps can assist you in learning the basics by using a number of audios regarding the pronunciation.
These schooling apps focus on particular subjects related to the schools, that’s why such apps are common among teenagers. The subjects covered by these apps are chemistry, physics, mathematics, geography, and many more. The students use schooling apps to cover the chapters of the particular subject that they need to work extra on.
Example: A schooling app on ‘chemistry’ subject will consist of chapters on the elements, organic chemistry, chemical equations etc.
Gaming Education Apps
The educational gaming applications focus on having a fun-filled theme to make the learning process more interesting for the app user. The games are designed in such a way that with every new accomplishment in the game, a valuable lesson is learned by the student. Such educational apps, mainly have an audience of children that are 5 to 12 years old.
Professional Courses Applications
Professional Courses applications have come a long way as now several educational institutions including well-established universities are coming forward with their own apps for professional courses. In such apps, students can attend live-streaming lectures without living the comfort of their home. Another great feature that is offered by these apps is the ability to directly interact with the teachers and faculty members in case of any doubt.
Features of Education App
In the mobile education app system, there are many modules incorporated together including the learning sessions, syllabus, educational activities etc. So, to build an education app there are some education app features that are essential to include. Some of these features are:
- User Registration: The very first step is the registration and login process which acts like a gateway to the app. This is a mandatory step that cannot be missed by both students and the faculty. The user can either register by using their email address or they can directly sign-in with one of their social media accounts like Facebook or Twitter.
- User Profile: Once the user is registered on the app, he/she then gets access to the dashboard which can also be referred to as the main screen. If the user can complete their profile with their details, this information will be beneficial in delivering customized content to the user’s dashboard.
- Push Notifications: This feature has now become a mandatory feature of the modern mobile app development process. As push notifications basically act as a reminder for students further increasing the user engagement with the app. With these notification alerts, you can alert the app users about new features, additional chapters, or deal offers on their subject e-books.
- Search Option: By adding the search option, the students will be able to look for topics that they are interested in learning about. The search option can save the students from the tiresome process of going through extra information to find the information that they desire. The search option will also help in delivering a better user experience.
- Offline Accessibility: To have offline access to mobile apps is what the users crave the most, thus making offline accessibility an essential feature. This feature basically allows the user to access their education-related content even when they don’t have access to Wi-Fi.
- Scheduling System: While developing an educational app, a systematic approach should be followed which includes a scheduling system. For instance, you can break the effective learning process into some logical levels and then provide the user with a tool to plan their educational training.
- Feedback and Reviews: Feedback is a vital asset if you want your education app to grow because with the user’s reviews and ratings you will get to know how the app is performing in the real world. Feedback can be both positive and negative but with these reviews, you can update the app’s features accordingly.
These are some of the features that are essential to include in an e-learning app by an education app development company.
Tips on Education App Development
To keep up with the progressing mobile application development, there are some tips to be followed to deliver excellent education mobility solutions and innovative education software solutions. Here are some tips on learning and tuition app development:
Quality of the Content
According to a famous saying, ‘Content is the King’ and the same is true in this scenario as well. To maintain the quality of the content can be a challenging task for education app builders. Due to the smaller screen size of the smartphones, the content cannot be displayed in large paragraphs and has to be divided to provide great readability to the user.
Look and Feel of the App
Before starting to build an educational app, the app developers must give priority to the comfort of the end-user i.e. the user experience. In order to achieve that, the app must have an interactive design with a highly appealing look. The apps which are attractive in appearance are said to have greater user engagement rates.
One of the main tips is to follow a repetitive testing technique for your app which is done by top education mobile app development companies. With repetitive testing, the developer will be able to know about the status of all functionalities involved in different categories of apps.
Testing is a great way to look out for any bugs and issues in the education app design.
Future of Education Apps
This transition from the traditional educational system to an innovative mobile learning experience was not abrupt. It was a slow process in the beginning, but now it seems to be catching up with trending technologies like Blockchain, Virtual Reality, and AI.
Right now, we have VR classrooms at our service but with the tremendous success of mobile apps like Pokemon Go, virtual reality-based educational apps will soon be common. Another technology that is being highly implemented in such apps is Artificial Intelligence i.e. AI. With voice assistants like Apple’s Siri and Amazon’s Alexa, new possibilities are beginning to emerge in the field of education.
If you have an amazing idea regarding education mobile apps then share it with Appinventiv, a phenomenal Education App Development Company. Their education app developers have worked with the latest technologies across multiple platforms including wearables, smartphones and much more.